Saturday, July 23, 2011

Look Ma, no tutes!

One of the best ways I have found to actually get comfortable with using a  program is to just do it.  So, over the past two days I have been working on a couch and matching chair in order to get used to Blender.

Still not completely comfortable with the program, but I'm getting there, I think.

Two days of working when I get the chance and I have created a matching set of furniture - a couch and a chair (the coffee table was an afterthought).

Absolutely loving the amount of control you can get with Blender while modeling.  The mirror command is my friend.
Couch and Chair set

Still haven't quite figured out the texture and material abilities and I know I could have done better with them in this image, but again, my focus is getting used to the commands and modeling in what seems to be an alien interface for me.

The couch is UVmapped, and is actually the only object in the scene that I had taken the time to do.

Making the chair proved easy enough with the mirror command, the couch is an extrapolation of the chair.  The coffee table took about 5 minutes.

All said and done, I feel the models are fairly decent, although I am sure the geometry could be much better as there are plenty of areas that would make some people cringe.

In the next few days I am hoping to get a chance to use these in a Marvelous Designer scene, but only time will tell if I get the chance soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment