Monday, July 18, 2011

First real Blender model

What I mean by 'real' model, is that it is not a mass of crazy extrusions, edge loops, scales and whatnot, it is an actual shape and form that is fairly recognizable.


Of course, I was vaguely following a tutorial on how to model it.  Believe me, without the tutorials for Blender I would never get the hang of the interface.  There are some major style differences between my axe and the one that you end up with if you follow the tutorial exactly, it was done on purpose...I want to learn how to model with Blender, not copy someone else's model.

So far, I am halfway done with the model and fairly satisfied with the way it has turned out so far.

Blender Axe
Now all that is left is mapping and texturing.  Will have to tackle that tomorrow.

I am also learning the Blender ropes at a decent enough pace - I believe anyway.

Seems that Blender is extremely powerful, or can be in the right hands.

All I have the time for tonight though, texturing tomorrow and then going to start another phase on Wednesday, not sure what though.

No comments:

Post a Comment