Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First real Blender model: The Final Result

UVmapped and textured the model today.

I have to admit, unwrapping in Blender is one of the easiest things I have done regarding 3D to this date.  It may be that I have done it so many times that it has finally just clicked, or maybe Blender is just really easy, I am not sure.

Anyway, one of the best things to come from this tutorial is the knowledge of cgtextures.com, a wonderful repository of royalty-free textures (requires a free membership).

I was able to find a workable metal and wood texture and create the texture map in GIMP with no issues at all.  Although, after applying the texture I did notice one small spot that could be improved.  Not going to fix it, lesson learned, will be more careful in the future.

So here it is rendered in Luxrender with textures applied:
Axe from Blender, textured


And again, with some lighting and a reflective surface:

Axe from Blender, textured and lit

No comments:

Post a Comment