Friday, August 5, 2011

Simple Blaster

Cracked open Blender, yes, I am really beginning to love this program even though I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do, and just started putting things into place.

Simple Blaster Pistol
As I am currently running a sci-fi/fantasy/western game a blaster pistol seemed like a good idea.  It turned out a bit more 'pulpy' than I imagine in my game, but nonetheless, happiness accompanied the outcome.

Not entirely keen on the grip, or the red bubble, but everything else about the pistol is workable.  The next incarnation will be much better.

Seems like the next thing I need to work on within Blender is the texture/material options as the grip is supposed to be more of a 'rubber' than a metal.

For scale
Here is a quick render to show porportion and scale.  Composed in DAZ|Studio and rendered in Luxrender.

Considering that no references were used, I am very happy with the sizing and scale of the model.  Fits in the hand just as I was wanting it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment